Las Aventuras en el Abismo Estrecho

Adventures on the Narrow Straights:
an analysis of the stretched abyss

30.11.07

makes you feel that way.

it's ambiguous. i don't want to give in to this feeling, it's too real. it's something that has permanence, that has substance... ironic considering the ephemerality that is its virtue. it's irrational, it's distant from any stronghold. yet it clings. it rejoices yet it possesses. it is too real in its grasp. i haven't held on to anything like that. only when i am the only one involved. as soon as there's another character it's not a monologue anymore. logical. but it changes everything. the little voice in my head talks back... but wouldn't start talking without me inciting it first. the dialogue is with my perspective. there is no third eye. the little voice responds but doesn't hold on to me, doesn't depend on anything, and my dependence on this conscience is completely within my control. there are no hidden corners of my conscience left to discover, it's grown to me, developed with me, and it comes when i need it. how do you hold on to something that holds on to you? it's levels and levels of clasps, or hooks, or snaps, or buttons. those junctions that are so nice but also difficult. how do you keep away from this attachment? how do you get closer? i like distance beyond the stronghold. the distance gives me the chance to forget that the other perspective is also important. this is my own movie! i like space. but this feeling is new, and it's real, and it's developing. how does a person survive after realizing that you need? that you don't want to undo the clasps? that you want him to be the little voice talking back?

No comments: